Orange County’s Most Experienced Source for Custom Pallets, Skids, and Crates
Pallets are the primary interface between the packaged product and today’s highly automated material handling equipment. Approximately 90% of the U.S. domestic products are shipped on pallets.
There are 2 general types of pallets, stringer pallets and block pallets. In the U.S., the stringer pallet is more common. A block pallet has all 4 sides accessible by both forklifts and pallet jacks. A stringer pallet allows for forklift and pallet jack entry on 2 sides. If the stringers are notched (partial 4-way), a pallet jack still may only be used 2-ways but a forklift can enter on all four sides. A skid is a stringer pallet with no bottom deck boards.
It is of utmost importance for the builder of your pallets to have all of the information about the pallet construction and its use. With that information, we are able to give you the most for your money and provide a means to get your product to its destination.
The lowest price is not always what you need. In the end that “savings” you made by buying the lowest price pallet or skid may end up costing you much more.
Heat-Treated (HT) Pallets
If you are using pallets to ship internationally, it is likely you will need them made from wood that has been heat-treated to prevent insect-caused damage that could compromise the pallet’s performance. Please let us where the pallet is going and we can let you know whether an HT certification is necessary.
The following is a list of information we would like to know to help us make a pallet for you:
- A SCHEMATIC DRAWING – The actual drawing lets us see what you need. Sometimes the requirements are so complicated or “different” that providing us with a sample of what you need helps tremendously!
- Pallet size and description.
- Actual dimensions of pallet contents.
- Weight of pallet contents.
- Acceptable tolerances of the actual dimensions.
- Type of material.
- Plywood top, heat-treated lumber, etc.
- Grade of Lumber.
- Expendable, Commercial, Warehouse
- Performance level.
- Strength, stiffness, durability